Tournament Team baseball is known to have a higher level of competitiveness than recreational baseball (League Teams). A lot of players considering Tournament Team baseball should be made aware of the following:
- Most Tournament Teams will be scheduled to play 5-6 tournaments beginning in early May through early August. These tournaments include the Gopher State Tournament of Champions, in mid-July, if teams qualify.
- Most age levels will have up to 3 tournaments in the Duluth area while other tournaments may be located throughout Minnesota or some border cities.
- Although all tournaments are on weekends, many tournaments include Friday games.
- Tournament Team baseball has added costs above recreational. It can incur costs from higher level tournaments, more practice time, and travel expenses.
- Playing time is looked at differently and requires a balance of ability, commitment, and hard work.
- There is an increased chance for high level development. Players looking to play in high school and beyond should seriously consider joining a Tournament Team
- You will be required to try out, will be evaluated by independent baseball evaluators, and will be placed on a team according to ability and commitment to the schedule.