Location: 35th Avenue West & Grand Avenue | MAP IT!
Park Description: West Duluth’s Wheeler Athletic Complex was previously known as Wheeler Field and Oneota Park when it was the home to circus grounds and a horse racing track. It sits on land donated by Duluth pioneer Henry Wheeler, who walked to Duluth from St. Paul in 1856. Today the complex contains five baseball/softball fields, a bocce ball court, four tennis courts, a skate park, and picnic tables.
Location: 3525 Riley Road | MAP IT!
Park Description: Built on land along Jean Duluth Road donated by the University of Minnesota Duluth in 1972, the Lakes Park Fields Athletics Complex is home to several soccer fields and baseball diamonds.